Thursday, March 31, 2016

3.30.16- Work Hard Play Hard

Today was a beautiful day. It certainly had its challenges, but it was still beautiful. We started our day with meditation, a practice we have been playing with for the last week and a half. Everyday throughout the entire course we’ve meditated for at least ten minutes, and I believe the most we've ever done is thirty minutes. Today we did 25 minutes!


See look:
Sitting Down Meditation .jpg   
Here are some of my peers doing some amazing sitting meditation!


Then here are the rest of my peers testing out the lying down style of meditation!
Lying Down Meditation.jpg

Then after mediation came the intense part of the day. We had three days to write 1000ish word essay and today was our last chance to finish our rough draft. Just being honest, but the first was really spent entirely on research, so it would be more accurate to say we only had two days. Anyway, we got the opportunity to finish our rough draft after meditation right up until lunch, and then even a little bit after lunch.


Here is one of my friends Claire L. studiously working on her paper:
Research Project A-Term Pic.jpg


And here is another one of my friends Iris typing away:
Research Project A-Term Pic #2.jpg


At the end of the day we all turned in our rough drafts, which was really nice, and then got together in groups to read our friends papers and give them advice. I got to sit down with a senior, the amazing Grace A., and a freshman, the super funny Claire L. They were extremely helpful, and gave me a lot of good advice on what I should change in my paper. When it was my turn to give advice I, of course, also gave really good advice to my peers.


Overall this A-Term has been absolutely amazing! I’m so excited to the fruits of this A-Term, not just on Friday when everyone presents what they’ve been researching so intensely, but also what people take away from these two weeks of studying. I wonder if my peers will be inspired to take up meditation as a daily practice, or if they will see the word with new eyes. I know I will(: I wish everyone I have ever met, and everyone reading this right now, to have an absolutely beautiful day, and to enjoy life in the present moment.


Namaste!

(Which means the divine in me recognizes the divine in you)       

No comments:

Post a Comment